AgentSafe for Real Estate is firmly committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to maintain a safe and secure system of handling your personal individual information, whilst still providing access to your personal information when required. For this reason, we aim to ensure that your personal information is handled in strict compliance with the Commonwealth Government's Australian Privacy Principles.
This policy sets out the principles that all companies adopt in order to protect your personal information. These principles deal generally with our collection, use and disclosure of, and your access to, information we may have recorded about you.
All clients should familiarise themselves with Australian Privacy Principles by visiting https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-law/.
Collection of personal information
We only collect personal information about individuals that is necessary for us to carry on our business functions. What information we collect depends upon the nature of our dealings with you.
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we only collect information about individuals directly from those individuals. Occasionally, we may receive information about you from third parties, but if we use such information for any reason, we will let you know shortly after we receive it.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Generally, we will only use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to register you to use and provide you with access to AgentSafe and any other cloud base product;
- to provide you with information you request about us or the information, products or services we offer at AgentSafe for Real Estate.
- to manage AgentSafe for Real Estate products (including your account) and provide you with support (as required);
- to provide services you request from time to time;
- to facilitate interactions between you and approved third parties which provide products or services integrated with AgentSafe;
- to monitor interactions between you and other users of AgentSafe for quality control purposes;
- to facilitate, process and obtain payment for using AgentSafe or any other information, products or services we may provide you from time to time and for billing and debt recovery purposes generally;
- to monitor your usage of AgentSafe as a product, understand your needs and to monitor AgentSafe product usage – which helps us develop and implement initiatives to improve the product, our marketing or the way we do business;
- if necessary, to verify your identity or age (i.e. over 18);
- to comply with any applicable law, court order, regulation or other legal requirement;
- if necessary, in legal proceedings or in connection with confidential alternative dispute resolution;
- to carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- to conduct consumer and market research; and
- to contact you for direct marketing and promotional purposes including providing you with information about products, services, events and special offers offered by us and third parties, unless you tell us that you do not wish to receive this type of information.
From time to time we may also ask you to participate in surveys or questionnaires. These help us to improve our levels of service and to maximise the opportunities and benefits you can enjoy.
We may send to our client’s information about other products and services which we expect may be of interest to them, but respect their right to ask us not to do this. If you no longer wish to receive those sorts of communications from us, you should contact our head office (2/209 Hunter St Newcastle NSW 2300) or email us at [email protected] and we will ensure this is corrected. We will not sell your personal information to other organisations to allow them to do this.
Any other use or disclosure we make of your personal information will only be as required by law or permitted by the Privacy Act 1988.
Data quality and security
We will take all reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect the information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods;
- destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
How do we use information that is not personal information?
From time to time we may sell or disclose information you provide us that is not Personal Information or does not disclose your identity to any person for any purpose at our sole discretion, including to people or companies located outside of Australia. For example, we may sell, disclose or use information you provide us that is not Personal Information to determine what advertising, promotional materials, products or services are likely to be of most interest to you or other Website visitors and to assist third parties to monitor general consumer trends in various areas. We may also modify Personal Information (through encryption, aggregation or other de-identifying techniques) so that it is in a form from which you or others cannot be identified and sell or disclose such modified information to any person for any purpose, including to people or companies located outside of Australia.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect Personal Information from information you provide directly to us when you complete a registration form and register to use AgentSafe, access and use the software product, pay for a product subscription or service provided via AgentSafe, contact us, request us to provide additional services, participate in surveys or questionnaires and from data and other information you upload to AgentSafe or approved third products integrated or used in conjunction with AgentSafe from time to time.
Making a privacy complaint
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) can investigate privacy complaints or breaches of the Australian Privacy Principles from individuals about Australian, ACT and Norfolk Island government agencies, and private sector organisations covered by the Privacy Act 1988. For more information you can refer to this page HERE
Access to and correction of your information
If you would like access to any records of personal information we have about you or if you believe any information we have about you is inaccurate or out-of-date, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Additional information on privacy
For further information on Australian Privacy laws, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.